- Don't ask for something big to happen.
- Don't ask for something little to happen.
- Don't ask for anything at all.
- Imagine an empty cavity in your chest.
- Imagine a ball of energy rising from your palms.
- Feel the heat from your palms.
- Encourage yourself as you would as a small child: You can do it! Good try! Try again.
- Let go.
- Promise yourself you'll do the thing you just thought of later. Keep your promise.
Welcome to the Slow Breath Soft Heart blog. I hope you enjoy my thoughts on meditation, and it inspires you to try to start or enhance your own practice. I'm always interested in writing content about meditation in the legal field for your publication, speaking on the topic, or teaching an immersive session. Please see more information about my programs, or get in touch.
Meditation is not about ambition. It is about intention. It is not about doing it right or being the best or even about becoming enlightened. It is about sitting in stillness for twenty minutes every day. That’s all. Now, see what happens.